Dell Principal Software Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts
Principal Software Engineer
Job ID R13182
Date posted 10/11/2017
Location Bedford, Massachusetts
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
RSA is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Principal Software Engineer to help us architect and develop our new hybrid cloud and mobile identity assurance service, RSA SecurID Access. RSA Engineers use state-of-the-art technologies, tools and automation systems along with their ingenuity to design advanced solutions for Enterprise Security.
You will be part of the team responsible for designing, implementing and integrating break-through enterprise security features in the next generation of our SecurID Access product. This exciting opportunity will allow you to apply your skills in software design and development to solving real-world information security problems for our customers. Come join us!
The candidate must have:
• 10+ years of experience developing object-oriented software with a solid understanding of Java
• Experience designing, implementing and testing cloud services and applications
• Experience in the development lifecycle of at least one large-scale server-side project (preferably SaaS or SaaS-like)
• Ability to understand issues of possible failures and recoveries, multi-node deployments, zero down-time development, etc.
• Knowledge of different data storage strategies, including the ability to analyze pros & cons for different options
• Ability to understand and solve performance issues and constraints
• Understanding of scaling, throughput and latency
• Enthusiasm for ensuring thorough automated test coverage for your own deliverables
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
Experience and knowledge in the following technologies is a plus:
• Computer/Internet Security
• Cloud based development (i.e. Azure/AWS Development)
• Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
• RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
• Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Selenium Grid, Geb)
• Java application servers (e.g. Tomcat/tc Server)
• Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• Directories (e.g. Active Directory, Oracle Directory Server)
• UI development and frameworks (e.g. Backbone, jQuery, Bootstrap)
• Scripting languages (e.g., Groovy, Ruby on Rails)
• Development, build and continuous integration tools (e.g. IntelliJ, Gradle, Jenkins)
• Agile software development and tools (e.g. Version One, JIRA, Code Collaborator)