The MITRE Corporation Research Scientist in Bedford, Massachusetts
JobTitle Research Scientist
Job Highlights MITRE is seeking a part-time research scientist with academic ties who will bring unique perspectives and approaches to the study of human machine teaming. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned research scientist with deep expertise in cognitive or social science to support emerging and collaborative applied research opportunities across the innovation community, academia, and government.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
Working as part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, develop, conduct, and analyze the human factors that influence emotion and cognition while people interact with others and technology. Engaging with the robotics cluster in Boston, augment MITRE researchers with multimodal quantitative assessment methodologies including physiological (e.g., heart rate, skin conductance, and brain electrical activity) and behavioral measures (e.g., eye-tracking and electromyography) as well sampling and survey measures in order to develop a thorough understanding of the person being studied in a natural context.
Location MA: Bedford Campus
• Broad knowledge of social and cognitive science theory and applications
• Ability to apply experimental, quasi-experimental, and correlation methods
• Survey development and analysis skills
• Quantitative and/or qualitative analysis skills
• Ability to clearly communicate in both verbal and written communications.
• PhD in a cognitive or social science discipline
• Existing relationship with an Academic Institution
• Engagement with Innovation Community
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 8 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance Not Required
Security Clearance is not required for this initial assignment. However for future opportunities a government security investigation may be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Engineering
Req ID 29519BR