State Street AIS Fund Administrator, Senior Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position supports the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services Business Unit (PERE) within State Street’s Alternative Investment Solutions Division (AIS) through the participation in projects related to the advancement of the risk and compliance agenda for AIS. Working with the Chief Administrative Office team (CAO) within PERE the incumbent is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate funds.
As a member of the PERE KYC Onboarding team, the Project ServicesOnboarding Senior Associate assists in facilitating the implementation of new funds onto the STT or AIS platforms. This role has overall responsibility for leading customer (i.e., fund/entity) launches through the AML/KYC process. The Onboarding Senior Associate supports their Manager who has ultimate accountability for the completion of the tasks related to STT AML/KYC policies and procedures in accordance to established deadlines. They will liaise with internal sub-service organizations (i.e., CaRRS, risk, legal, relationship management, etc.), and serve as an AML/KYC subject matter expert. Responsible for satisfying business needs, identifying key issues with processes and taking a broad perspective to problem resolution. As part of the CAO team the incumbent has specific responsibilities in critical business functions.
KYC Onboarding Team
- Assists in the collection and processing of all related information and documentation required to build a comprehensive AML/KYC file on a customer.
- Works closely with business/deal initiator and the Business as related to the launch of new funds
- Review entity constitutive documents (formation/incorporation documents; Offering Memorandum; Partnership Agreements, etc.) to obtain all relevant information for establishment of entities on the respective systems, including beneficial owners, controllers, and associated parties.
- Supports manager in coordination of overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Assists in coordinating communication with applicable parties, Relationship Manager, deal team and Business leads concerning the project status and issues.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Escalate to all stakeholders as necessary to ensure timely submission of AML/KYC cases.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
The optimal candidate should be diligent, meticulous, process-oriented, and well-spoken with the ability to talk to multiple levels within both the State Street organization and potentially the client organization.
- Equivalent to a degree in Business, Accounting, Legal or related field
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and all related AML/KYC policies a plus and/or 2-3 years financial services or legal experience within a Financial Institution or Law Practice
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting and self-evaluations
- Participate in required and optional training
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Fund Administrator, Senior Associate
Job ID: 159175
Full/Part Time: Full FTE