CDM Smith Application Software Development Team Lead- Oracle Reporting in Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition ID 18716BR
Job Title Application Software Development Team Lead- Oracle Reporting
Job Site Location Massachusetts - Boston
Home Office Location Boston, MA
Why CDM Smith? CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith is looking for a talented reporting lead to assist the Business Technology Enterprise Systems Application Development group.
The Enterprise Systems Reporting Lead, is responsible for managing development of a scalable data and reporting solution based on various production systems deployed and related data sources including but not limited to Oracle EBS and Oracle HCM Fusion Cloud.
• This position is a highly collaborative, consultative role that will deliver all transactional, period close reports and analytical reports by working directly with business process owners, business track leads, Advanced Analytics, Data Architecture teams.
• Responsible to collaborate with our Digital Capital Analytics team, Data Architecture and Application Development teams to define Enterprise Reporting Strategy analyzing existing reporting tools like Excel4Apps, Qliksense, Oracle BI Publisher and evaluate other options like Power BI, Microstrategy, Tableau, OBIEE etc.,
• The candidate must have experience performing detailed tools analysis and leading tool selection processes for enterprise reporting and analytics.
• Essential to work very closely with Business Technology PMO team for Software Development Lifecyle continuous improvement, resource planning, and project approval.
• Responsible to lead report development team located in India to deliver reporting solutions.
• Manage overall reports life cycle and governance ensuring transparency across the board on reports prioritization and development.
• Analyze gaps between current state and industry best practices; Propose and implement quick wins to generate immediate business value.
• Work with business users to provide a user experience that is satisfying for the users and cost efficient for the company.
• Design innovative solutions & implement using appropriate tools and cutting-edge technology wherever applicable.
• Create an intuitive portal for users to find reports appropriate to their role.
• Manage existing report, understand corresponding Oracle EBS R12 & related data points and data elements.
• Collaborate with the Master Data Management and Enterprise Data Architecture team on driving resolution for underlying constraints affecting reports including, but not limited to data structure, business process or system defect related.
• Challenging the business users on how the data in the report will be used, what decisions will be made, and what the impact will be to the business. Key is to steer the business to consume data in a way that is most positively impactful to the business.
• Lead & develop a QA program that layers of QA at the report development level and at the business level.
• Managing the team to design reports in a way that the performance run time is acceptable and the load on the underlying system is acceptable.
• L3 troubleshooting of reports when users find the report is displaying apparently inaccurate data. This could be due to data nuances, due to data entry errors report logic nuances, etc.,
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline).
• 8 to 10 years of experience in Oracle EBS R12.2.4, data warehousing technologies;
• Prior Experience in data modeling, designing custom reports.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 with Project Accounting focus.
• Demonstrated experience leading technical teams in successful data warehousing and analytics implementations.
• Prior experience leading enterprise reporting solutions using technologies like Excel4Apps, Qliksense, Tableau, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE, Power BI, Microstrategy etc.,
• Prior Experience in data integration, data warehousing, analytics processing (near real-time, batch), data delivery architectures.
• Prior Experience with data warehousing tools related to ETL, Reporting, Data visualization and front-end Portals.
• Strong experience standing up report distribution tools and collaboration portals/intranets for end-user report consumption
• Collaborative skill and willingness to work in a matrix organization to actively engage with various groups within business technology and business users to fully understand the reporting requirements (financial, transactional, analytical).
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Self-starter with a proven track record of working both independently and collaboratively.
• Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle process, procedures, and design artifacts; experience with in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Ability to perform critical thinking at an enterprise architecture level within the development lifecycle
• Prior experience with Noetix views to understand existing and determine where reporting can be done with fewer views; drive standardization and optimization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Flexible work schedules to accommodate working across our global offices and with our development and support teams in India.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with 5+ years of experience with C-suite and titled employee level interaction on a daily basis.
• Understanding of reporting dashboards, data visualization and self-service reporting tools.
• Understand the cost structure involved in a various reporting technology tools.
• Experience setting up super user groups and governance boards to drive prioritization and problem solve within the user community.
Assignment Category Fulltime-Regular
Amount of Travel Required 20%
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.