Grant Thornton LLP Business Risk Services, Controls Advisory IT, Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Risk Services – Controls Advisory IT Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Business risk services protects value. OurBusiness Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Business Risk Services Controls Advisory IT Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing internal audits, information technology control reviews, activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control projects; and developing and managing staff. The BRS IT Manager works closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development. The BRS IT Manager is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project economics and financials, quality review and client management
· Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material * Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality. * Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
· Working with organizations to identify and manage IT risks within their strategy execution model
· Assist clients in applying key frameworks such as COBIT, NIST & ISO
· Developing IT components with enterprise risk management programs
· Leading IT risk assessments ranging from internal audits, system implementations and specialized IT areas (security, basis, access provisioning, etc.)
· Leading and executing IT audits and IT SOX engagements * Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement. * Manage the evaluation and testing of IT processes and system controls and identification of areas of risk. * Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients. * Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to embrace and manage change.
· Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
· Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
· Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
· Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
· Other duties as assigned
o Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus. o 6 to 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level. o CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification. o Experience performing technology risk assessments and audits, operational internal audits, as well as process control reviews. o Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, database security auditing, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, AS400). o Strong experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team. o Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment. o Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships. · Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced interactive, results-based team environment. · Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. o Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required. o Good familiarity with IIA’s Standards o Practice development experience. o Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed. BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/. Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation. It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Business Risk Services, Controls Advisory IT, Manager
Requisition ID: 038680