The Computer Merchant, Ltd. Business Systems Analyst (Senior) in Boston, Massachusetts
Reference # : 17-01419 Title : Business Systems Analyst (Senior) Category: Information Technology
Position Type : Contract Experience Level : 5 Years Start Date / End Date : 06/26/2017 / 10/25/2017
Description Job Title: Business Systems Analyst (Senior) - W2 Only
Duration: 4 month contract with possible extensions or FTE
Location: Boston, MA
GO GSD Business Analyst – Investment Performance and Risk
Our client's Investment Division is a leading global investment manager with offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, and throughout Asia. We manage a broad range of investments including equities, government and corporate bonds, real estate, commercial mortgages, oil and gas reserves, timber, agriculture and structured products totaling more C$900B in assets under management.
As a skilled Business Analyst, you will be joining a large, global team focused on helping our business partners consolidate their processes around the world. Greater efficiencies will allow us to accelerate growth. Our program, called Global Optimization, will touch many of our investments processes and supporting systems from the Front Office, the Middle Office, Back Office Operations as well as our Performance and Analytics teams. You will be working within a team of business experts, application experts, project managers, and testers co-located in one of our collaborative workspaces in North America.
Team members who quickly adopt our guiding principles of We Work as One, We Question and Innovate, and We Own Our Future are highly desired. We look forward to interviewing excellent candidates.
• Identifying, analyzing and validating the needs for our client's Performance and Analytics System Data Conversions
• Documenting the business need in a variety of formats: Business Requirements Document (BRD), Data Mapping Spreadsheets, interface specifications (in conjunctions with Tech Lead)
• Modelling and analyzing current state processes, identifying gaps, facilitate process changes to address those gaps for future processes
• Configuring and loading account data into new performance system, including historical NAV, distribution, expense ratios, and fund master data
• Facilitating prioritization of needs with sponsor and stakeholders
• Evangelizing and advocating the needs of our business sponsor with others
• Translating the business needs for the technology team which helps them build an effective software solution
• Identifying and raising key risks, issues, and dependencies
Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of a range of asset types: equities, fixed income, derivatives
• Delivering on successful initiatives in a timely manner based on project success criteria and team goals
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
• Collaborating with business experts, sponsors, the project manager, tech leads and developers, and quality assurance team to ensure successful, quick delivery
• Working across time zones and locations (we have offices in Toronto, Boston & Asia)
• Facilitating complex stakeholder management
• Adhering to our project methodologies Agile SCRUM and RUP/iterative development and waterfall
Education and Experience:
• 5-7 years' experience working within a global investment management organization with complex and changing applications and systems
• Familiarity with data conversions particularly those associated with Accounting Systems for Asset Managers
• Experience with accounting systems such as Confluence Unity, SS&C Sylvan or similar performance applications a plus (Eagle, BI-SAM)
• Undergraduate Degree.
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.