State Street Data Architect, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Enterprise Data Governance is a Corporate-wide initiative focused on the on-going governance of data in our Platforms. The Enterprise Data Governance & Management (EDGM) team is looking for experienced people with skill sets that enable us to successfully deliver our many project objectives.
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst with an objective to establish and implement strong data management practices.
The individual will be working collaboratively across Business and IT organizations to achieve common taxonomy, data standards, data modeling, data quality, reference data, metadata management, data integration with traceability, etc. The following are key roles and responsibilities:
- Establish taxonomy with common data and reference data to ensure reusability. Understand the business process flow, requirements and perform data analysis to identify the data requirements.
- Develop and maintain a formal description of the data and data structures - this can include data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Ensure reference data, metadata management, business semantics, data modeling and metadata workflow management, data archival and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure data privacy and security needs are well defined and implemented.
- Collaborate with Data Governance and support their objective with data architecture and delivery oversight.
- Develop data strategy, data architecture and associated procedures.
- Apply strong data architecture and data management best practices across the end-to-end implementation. Document data integration standards and approach across AML applications and data provider platform and sources systems.
- Ensure and document data architecture artifacts with industry best practice. Provide data architecture oversight and guidance to the project teams.
- Create/maintain the data model in collaboration with the project teams. Create business view of data, LDM and PDM.
- Design of reference data platform with consolidation/conforming approach to ensure consistency, data validation/standardization and improved data quality.
Identify and recommend any data constraints and mitigation approach. Selection of capabilities and systems to meet business information needs.
Data Analysis and Design, Data Dictionary, Database Design, Data Integration with Standards and Best Practice for Data Warehousing.
- Experience with implementing the LEI (ISO 17442) into financial reference data platforms.
- Skilled in the design and validation of tools and processes to identify and apply entity hierarchies to financial data.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and knowledge of current issues around reference data requirements.
- Advanced reasoning; excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to liaise between the business and technology teams.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- KYC AML knowledge is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience with architecture and data modeling.
- Engineering degree. Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred.
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Data Architect, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 165901
Full/Part Time: Full FTE