Hire IT People, LLC DevOps Engineer in boston, Massachusetts
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
2 years ago
This is a hands-on position, which will require the following capabilities:
· Lead and contribute in the DevOps team to maintain and build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating onAWS.
· Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments for the engineering organization.
· Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant - we are providing financial applications for the Fortune 500.
· Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and other clients and partners of the DevOps team to meet the needs of the organization to stay competitive - from the infrastructure up to the highest level of applications.
· Take on the same responsibilities of a DevOps engineer such as being on-call, writing deployment scripts, debugging applications, evaluating new technologies and more.
· Help build a pipeline of qualified DevOps candidates for future openings and lead the DevOps engineers.
· Drive the process in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· You are smart with an intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends - but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice.
· You have supported Linux/Unix deployments for a company with a high traffic site in the cloud(we don’t do Windows).
· You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments and supported them in real-world scenarios.
· You have lead an Ops/DevOps team before (5 reports or more) for 2+ years - preferably at a startup.
· You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure.
· You are service-oriented, and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible.
· You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those).
· You are extremely reliable and we can count on you in times of need and are used to being on-call/pager duty.
· You have demonstrable experience with our stack - Cloud/AWS, Tomcat, MySQL, Cassandra, Apache, HAProxy, ActiveMQ etc.
Nice To Have:
· Previous experience working with distributed teams - directly interacting with the development teams.
· Experience with Puppet, Chef or Docker.
· Experience with network and server security.