State Street FinTech - J2EE Architect in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a member of ADM Architecture group, the individual will support multiple programs in State Street. Achieves organization goals by defining, integrating and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support various applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Envisioning, architecting, designing end-to-end solutions for various programs that may span across front, middle and back office financial systems.
- Engaging as a technology leader for building and maintaining a high-level technical architecture and business credibility with business users, system developers, and operations staff.
- Driving Key technology and business transformation initiatives, providing architectural guidance, and oversight of development teams across the bank.
- Define a clear technology roadmap aligned with our business objectives.
- Successful realization of business opportunities via delivering timely and cost efficient IT systems promoting the tenet of service oriented architecture and reuse of existing assets by standardizing, commoditizing and automating system and business processes to drive cost efficiencies.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business and operational goals.
Domain and Technologies:
- Deep understanding of financial products, trading strategies, pricing models, P&L; attributions, risk calculations and accounting.
- Experience integrating heterogeneous custom and enterprise class products tools as well as Database Appliances and Reporting/Business Analytics.
- Experience with application security, scalability, performance, service-oriented integration, working with databases, including competency in structured and unstructured data sources, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Experience in various software development approaches from Waterfall to Agile, including test-driven development.
Bachelors degree with 11+ years of Enterprise level architecture experience, preferably in large financial institutions.
- Very strong knowledge in Java and J2EE technologies.
- Strong presentation/white boarding skills; lead architecture discussions in front of business leaders and technically strong colleagues.
- Capable of identifying power bases and anticipate human dynamic in the working environment.
- Excellent conflict resolution technique and capable of building consensus with business, technology, and management across multiple organizational structures.
- Should have in depth understanding of authentication and authorization services eg: SAML, LDAP, ADS, ADFS and backend API services that connects various messaging tools, cloud and other platforms.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable Enterprise Architecture planning and design skills.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: FinTech - J2EE Architect
Job ID: 161819
Full/Part Time: Full FTE