State Street Front Office Strategic Initiatives and Project Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Information Technology-Cash, Compliance, Fixed income, Trading and Alternatives (CCFTA) is a Global team, responsible for the technology needs across State Street Global Advisors. The Project Manager / Business Systems Analyst is a visible role which plays an important part in contributing to the bottom line of the success of CCFTA team. In this role you will be supporting the technology strategy and planning day to day functions and the core business initiatives of SSGA. If you are passionate about gathering business requirements and writing functional specifications to drive the development of new technology this is a position for you. You will have an understanding of both the technology used to support front office needs as well as the business processes and concepts that are applied and to utilize this technology to support the asset management business. You will develop relationships with Information Technology colleagues and business partners to successfully support daily business operations. You will have responsibility for designing, implementing and driving process reengineering as well as other strategic initiatives forward across the CCFTA team specifically and IT organization as a whole.
What You Bring
- You actively engage and communicate with the team and management to identify challenges and develop recommendations that improve the efficiency and promote optimization of the front office solutions.
- You create and foster a culture of continuous improvement while executing on high impact change initiatives
- You regularly measure productivity and scalability of solutions and workflows.
- You strive for continuous improvement and actively share knowledge with the team
- You bring superb communication and management skills along with asset management domain expertise
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably with a focus on front office technology.
- Proven track record of delivery and leading change initiatives.
- Good technical knowledge complimented with deep domain knowledge of the Buy-Side business components of the asset management business.
- Possess securities industry experience, preferably across multiple asset classes at a major financial institution or investment management firm.
- Vended product knowledge around front office applications, such as Fidessa Latent Zero, Bloomberg AIM, FactSet and Blackrock Aladdin.
- International experience is highly desirable.
- Intermediate level SQL querying skills
Req #: 159741
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Front Office Strategic Initiatives and Project Manager
Job ID: 159741
Full/Part Time: Full FTE