State Street Functional Specialist,Assc1 in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a Functional Specialist, Associate 1, you will interact internally with global Centers of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete the processing for assigned clients and portfolios.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and validates all daily activity in an accurate and timely manner, and maintains all required controls to ensure overall accuracy
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting NAV (Net Asset Value), cash movements, distributions, process transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed for portfolio holdings and accrual information
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs (Centers of Excellence), India and Client Operations to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies
- Perform research and resolution process for exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and inquiries
- Provides information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews corporate actions
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Maintains records in support of audits
- Populates components of Security and Exchange Commission Yield, as necessary
- Reconciles fund share transactions and resolve discrepancies
- May perform other duties as requested
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Technical or related field preferred.
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Aptitude for math
- Strong accuracy aptitude, and detail orientation.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment
State Street Job ID: 165559
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Functional Specialist,Assc1
Job ID: 165559
Full/Part Time: Full FTE