State Street FX Product Manager,Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Markets (SSGM) FX Sales & Trading and Research (S&T;&R;) is State Street’s Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading Business and Macro Strategy Research Team operating in 10 sites globally. To grow its business activities and provide superior service to our clients, SSGM is seeking to fill a product manager role.
- Work closely with senior Product Managers to lead and manage major product and business implementations for SSGM’s Foreign Exchange business.
- Facilitate the demand management process, including collecting, organizing and vetting requests with the senior Product Managers, Business stakeholders and IT Product Owners.
- Understand and document business requirements to ensure products developed maximize business value and meet or exceed requirements, and that benefits are realized.
- Learn and help document (bring up to date) exiting business workflows (from both operational and technical perspective).
- Assess and understand impacts of new products and technology on the business operating model.
- Help manage Business stakeholder engagement, accountability and expectations. Proactively identify, influence and resolve business issues, with timely escalation as necessary.
- Help develop and manage implementation and product rollout plans in conjunction with key business stakeholders and IT Product Owners.
- Help coordinate and drive non-IT work (e.g. legal, compliance, ops) required to commercialize solution. Keep up to date with changing regulatory and corporate governance requirements.
- Work with senior Product Managers to proactively prepare and communicate audience-appropriate project status, including steering committee updates.
- Help to drive product rollout to business globally, including Business testing, training, business procedures and readiness.
- Be prepared to lead one of the Corporate Governance/CIS/ISO initiatives impacting FX ST&R; applications and/or business process to ensure compliance with latest requirements.
- Be prepared to accommodate global off-hours meetings when necessary with colleagues in APAC and EMEA.
- Stay abreast of SSGM business and industry developments
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous FX Front Office experience, including direct support of traders, strongly preferred.
- Ability to facilitate, working with a wide variety of audiences of varying levels.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence across all levels of the organization, working with global teams.
- Experience leading or working on projects or initiatives (project work on the business side).
- Willingness to learn technical aspects the business operating model, and help drive associated implementation tasks in support of the new operating model.
- Previous business project or product management experience in an environment where the technology organization was working in the Agile development methodology is preferred.
- Experience or willingness to learn how to plan, lead and implement business project plans.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: FX Product Manager,Officer
Job ID: 171442
Full/Part Time: Full FTE