State Street Project Director, Managing Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- Responsible for of the target state vision in partnership with senior business leaders and stakeholders
- Develop and explain and present complex ideas; anticipate potential objections and prepares case accordingly
- Generate innovative solutions to highly complex problems
- Manage analysis to define transformation design, business impact, implementation approach and priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with senior executives and internal clients
- Manage and control project scope, scheduling, staffing, budget and risks to ensure targets are achieved
- Manage overall communications, risks and issues resolution
- Manage all reporting requirements for assigned project
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Manage own performance through engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training, e.g. as per the development pathways
- Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform other duties as required
- Proactively drive and influence effective relationships with our internal and external global partners
- Partner with internal and external clients to deliver quality and timely service
- Collaborate effectively with participants across the company on various projects, oversight, committees, etc.
- Deliver financial benefits
- Meet client expectations by delivering outcomes that address timely qualitative and quantitative standards
- Deliver solutions that do not increase our clients business risk
- Meet personal and team development goals
- Adhere to team and event process as directed
- Timeliness and accuracy of resolution to inquiries
- Ensure self and team complies with risk and compliance programs and actions including timely completion of related training
- Ensure self and team complies with relevant laws and regulatory requirements
Ensure self and team adheres to company policies and guidelines
- 15+ years of relevant experience
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Project Director, Managing Director
Job ID: 166761
Full/Part Time: Full FTE