State Street Risk & Compliance Analyst, Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Risk and Compliance Team within Alternative Investment Solutions’ (AIS) CAO office is seeking a candidate to assist in managing and implementing regulatory compliance initiatives by liaising with senior Corporate Compliance Managers and AIS Business Units globally. The ideal candidate will work with the AIS CAO and Risk and Compliance Manager, VP to participate in the development of a Compliance Oversight Program. The Officer role focuses on ensuring compliance policy is adhered to across all jurisdictions in which AIS operates and issues raised are addressed timely and consistently throughout the Division.
The AIS Risk and Compliance Consultant, Officer’s primary responsibilities are the following:
- Monitor the timely resolution of risk and compliance issues with assigned business units and ensure actions are taken through remediation by responsible parties
- Partner with Compliance in the implementation, review and revision of AIS Compliance Policies, procedures, and standards
- Manage AIS Compliance Oversight Program
- Manage compliance initiatives and projects including reporting of status and milestone tracking to management
- Develop enhanced business control environment for AIS business units
- Liaise with Corporate Compliance to understand legal and regulatory changes and provide effective change management within the Business Unit
- Lead and/or oversee various Compliance committees, as appropriate
Participate in other CAO and Risk and Compliance functions as required including management reporting, data analysis, project management and ad hoc issues management. Work with the AIS Business Units, Operations, Corporate Support functions IT teams to perform duties.
Specific duties may include:
- Monitor the progress of corporate audits, analyze the impact of assessment findings across the Division and ensure remediation actions are resolved appropriately and timely
- Participate in risk committees and manage its related activities
- Oversee and facilitate the establishment of working groups to address the resolution of key risk initiatives
- Contribute to the AIS risk awareness campaign
- Partner with business community to ensure the development of accurate and appropriate management reporting to meet senior and executive management needs.
- Develop and prepare management reports for senior management and Risk Committees (e.g. Funds flow, lost business, requisition reporting, division dashboard, etc.) with an eye towards enhancing, streamlining and reducing level of effort required to generate reports.
- Assist in generating process improvement ideas
- Develop current and proposed workflows for key business office functions and associated projects and new processes that are being implemented including requirements definition, business analysis documents, and standard operating procedures. Roll out to business community.
Participate in Business continuity planning efforts including incident management, enhancement initiatives, testing (relocation and systems failover coordination), etc.
BA/BS required; CPA, MBA, or CFA preferred or working towards an advanced degree or certification
- 4-7+ years business, audit, or compliance experience
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and project management
- Ability to act as a change agent and lead in a challenging environment
- Ability to influence business unit leaders without direct oversight
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and working knowledge in SharePoint
- Ability to multitask and navigate competing priorities while persuading the Business Units to actively engage
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Analyst, Officer
Job ID: 158794
Full/Part Time: Full FTE