CIBER, Inc Senior Accela Business Systems Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Accela Business Systems Analyst
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Number: 100758
Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to support an ePermitting implementation utilizing Accela software. The ideal candidate will have strong experience working as a conduit between the business and development team identifying and documenting requirements, supporting the ePermitting Project Manager while working closely with another Business Analyst on the team.
Candidates must demonstrate proven experience in software development projects, and it is highly desirable that they have extensive experience with the Accela (COTS) Platform.
Our client anticipates utilizing a hybrid project management methodology incorporating both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum to organize cross-functional teams.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Program/Project Managers and Technical Leads to ensure mutual understanding of project goals and priorities
- Lead and facilitate discussions and decisions with business owners and technical team members to:
- Conduct due diligence reviews and business analysis for complex decisions related to business processes, data cleansing, and data conversion efforts
- Clearly communicate complex technical design and solutions in business terms
- Obtain consensus on solutions
- Develop Use Cases that represent the scope of business needs
- Manage and/or participate in all requirement gathering sessions with business teams
- Document – and drive review and approval of – complex business processes
- Document meeting discussions/decisions and action items; drive follow-up to ensure action item management and completion
- Assist in defining configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Lead Quality Assurance effort, including developing testing methodology and test cases for the various stages of the ePermitting application
- Provide QA and testing of code
- Constantly seek ways to improve monitoring, issue discovery, and delivering better value to the customer
- Assist in creation and maintenance of project artifacts; such as project plans, project status reports, etc.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Information Management, or related discipline required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Proven experience as a Business Lead/Analyst in a major data centric project (e.g. software implementation effort)
- Proven experience in group facilitation, including eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in a project leveraging an iterative deployment strategy with multiple releases is required
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and business resources in a manner that supports progress and success
- Familiar with a variety of project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast changing environment and adjust to evolving project conditions to ensure optimal outcomes
- Hands on experience working with Accela based systems and environments is highly desirable
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as SCRUM
- Familiar with JIRA, Asana, etc.
- Strong computer skill set; including proficiency with MS Office, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Proficient in the use of audio, video, and online collaboration tools
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.