SunPower Corporation Senior Project Development Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Senior Project Development Analyst to help implement strategies and tactics necessary to develop solar power plant projects for a diverse set of Commercial customers. The Analyst is responsible for working with senior Commercial group project developers to enable the construction of large-scale solar projects. This person will generate quotations and comprehensive proposals based on technical, project economics, and financial information acquired through a variety of channels. The role requires this person to strategize with outside sales personnel to ensure greatest possible profitability and manage strategies provided by salespeople.
We are looking for a candidate with strong, creative problem-solving skills and a proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. The candidate should be self-motivated and self-directed. This person must have demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse range of colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide creative input to value proposition creation and Customer bid strategy
· Run sophisticated economic models (MS Excel) of solar projects to assess feasibility and develop project proposals.
· Work closely with cross-functional internal sales support teams, including but not limited to design, engineering, construction management, and finance to promptly and efficiently drive proposals
· Develop high quality proposals (MS Word and Power Point) to communicate SunPower’s value proposition.
· Analyze individual SunPower vertical markets to determine best deal structure for highest value propositions
· Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline.
· Master’s degree preferred in finance or business administration
· 3-5 years of demonstrated analytical, sales or business development success.
· Understanding of (or ability to quickly learn) renewable energy industry, grid-tied solar electric sales/design/installation.
· Ability to keep track of quickly-changing market conditions regarding solar incentive funding, product development and competitive landscape.
· Familiarity with project economics analyses and financing (including tax and accounting concepts).
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Well organized, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent attention to detail
· Superior knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, & Power Point), CRM (Salesforce.com) experience helpful
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.