Cisco Customer Support Engineer - IOT Solutions in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Customer Support Engineer - IOT Solutions
Location: Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Additional Location(s) Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest Technical Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything
Job Id 1207665
The Business Entity
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is aligned to the GTC's three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
The IoT Connected Safety and Security team provides second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for Connected Safety and Security products (i.e.VSM, CPAM, VPO) to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers via phone/email/fax consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems.
Role & Responsibilities
The person will be responsible for providing technical support for Cisco Physical Security products and networking technologies to Cisco's customers and partners. Workload is high but the breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none. The TAC is the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. As such all roles have a technology learning curve that never ends.
● Provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Cisco technologies, products, and/or solutions.
● Resolving moderately to highly complex technical problems, depending on the customers' need.
● Simulate technical problems in lab environment.
● Share knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
● provide internal and/or external technical presentations (cross-training).
● Protocols & Concepts - Quality of Service (QoS), TCP/IP, and fundamental routing & switching knowledge
● VMWARE, ESXi 5 and above, MYSQL Database, Linux REDHAT, LDAP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, MAC OS, Windows Server
● Ability to troubleshoot complex and ambiguous issues.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Knowledge IP network environments.
● Scripting (perl/python), Video, LTS/SAN, Hardware RAID
● High Level Social skills, able to collaborate within your team and different technologies
● Experience deploying and troubleshooting all aspects of Cisco VoIP solutions.
● CCNA, or CCIE Certification in any subspecialty or other relevant technical certification
● Bachelors in Computer Studies, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent (essential)
● Prior experience in a technical support capacity
● Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.