Allscripts Software Engineer Intern in Burlington, Massachusetts
Job Locations US-MA-Burlington
Posted Date 4/18/2017
Category Software Development
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Allscripts is looking for interns to work alongside our talented engineers for the summer of 2017. These internships are a unique opportunity for someone pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a HealthCare IT company.
- Work closely with developers, business analysts, team leads and project managers to define the automated testing components that will be used to validate requirements against developed software
- May include working with team members to adopt and learn test automation techniques or work on other software development projects.
- Participate in the project discussions to help increase the efficiency of testing and the quality of the outputs as the Agile efforts for our clients evolve
- Participate in Scrum Team estimation of stories and sizing of effort to include the representation of the test automation
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization's Agile project lifecycle
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- On track for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Candidate must be a team player
- Candidate should have understanding of object oriented programming languages C#
- Candidate should have ability to learn and understand the existing automation framework
- Candidate should have knowledge of relational databases mainly SQL Server
- Candidate should have understanding of XML
- Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Must be flexible in working with team members at all levels of experience
- Must be fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned projects, issues and problems
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.