Harvard University App Progrmng/Analysis/Develop in Cambridge, Massachusetts
43354BRAuto req ID:43354BRLocation:USA - MA - Allston Business Title:Applications Systems EngineerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:• BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field with 3-5 years of experience in an IT environment.
• Demonstrated experience with infrastructure support related to network, server admin, operating system support and hardware.
• Solid understanding and working experience with Microsoft Windows Products, Citrix, Red Hat Linux, SQL Server/Oracle databases and reporting tools.
• TCP/IP networking knowledge: networking topology, protocols and services (i.e. TCP, UDP, DNS, and DHCP, BACnet)
• Experience working with Vendor products and a solid understanding of integration needs with Enterprise systems.
Additional Qualifications:• Experience with a programming or scripting language.
• Experience with cloud specifically AWS.Additional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To make it easier for students, faculty and staff to learn, research, teach, and work through the effective deployment and use of information technology.
Department:HUIT, Administrative Technology, Campus ServicesPre-Employment Screening:Education, EmploymentSchedule:175 11353 000001 52007 0000Job Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
This position will support the critical applications within Campus Services Transportation and Energy & Facilities divisions - providing day to day support for vendor products or in house developed applications. Provide 2nd and 3rd level support, troubleshoot and liaise with vendors and other HUIT teams for problem resolution. Manage and monitor installed systems and related infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical systems and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Principal duties and Responsibilities
• Install, configure, test and maintain application software and related infrastructure
• Provide support for underlying infrastructure including network, End of Line hardware and servers
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Provide 24/7 support as needed to ensure that customer service levels are met.
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Liaise with vendors to understand and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Work collaboratively with Harvard’s central IT group for the core infrastructure services related to backup, desktop, server admin, security policies.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with business owners, project managers, architects and developers both internal and external to the University.
School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.