Harvard University App Progrmng/Analysis/Develop in Cambridge, Massachusetts
43077BRAuto req ID:43077BRLocation:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Business System AnalystSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
Applicants MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for this role:
• BA/BS degree in related field (e.g., computer science, engineering, information systems) or equivalent experience.
• 1+ years’ experience in business systems analysis, functional analysis, report development, or similar information technology role is required.
Occasional off-hours work, including weekends, is required for certain releases and/or emergencies.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing ability.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office tools.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
• Direct experience with business analysis tools and techniques strongly desired.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions desired.
• Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence or similar reporting tools a plus.
• Experience with relational databases including SQL.
• Solid understanding and demonstrated use of iterative development (preferably Agile) desired.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, especially with the ability to manage and track a large number of details.
Competencies Required (skills/behaviors):
• Strong business analyst skills; able to quickly process business requirements, analyze and document business needs, identify potential solutions, and confidently support the recommended approach.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations to various audience types.
• Collaboration, teamwork, and influencing without authority. Able to work independently and contribute in both large and small teams.
• Multi-tasker: ability to thrive in a fast-paced, continuous learning environment, under competing deadlines and shifting priorities to produce timely, quality work.
• Independent: Proven ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
Additional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To make it easier for students, faculty and staff to learn, research, teach, and work through the effective deployment and use of information technology.
Department:Enterprise Student SystemsPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, IdentityJob Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
HUIT is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for the support and growth of Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions as Harvard University’s enterprise platform for improving the experience of students, faculty, and administrators throughout the academic lifecycle.
The position blends functional skills – collecting business requirements, story and test plan development, knowledge transfer, with analytical and techno-functional skills - troubleshooting, application configuration and report development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the product managers with various activities, including: requirements gathering, application configuration, story development, customer outreach, issue management, testing and end user training.
• Develop expertise in multiple modules of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
• Develop expertise in Oracle Business Intelligence for operational, analytic, and ad hoc reporting.
• Develop test scripts and execute testing to ensure new products, enhancements, bug fixes, and patches function as expected and without introducing regression issues.
School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.