Amazon.com Applied Scientist III in Cambridge, Massachusetts
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC, an Amazon.com company
Position Title: Applied Scientist II
Location: Cambridge, MA
Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) and/or natural language (NL) applications. Develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques (e.g. Bayesian models and deep neural networks), optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering. Routinely build and deploy ML models on available data. Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business. Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
Master’s or PhD in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience in Python, or another scripting language; command line usage, e.g., Bash
- Experience in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with various machine learning and modeling techniques and parameters that affect their performance
Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Fluency in a foreign language
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 546794
External Company URL: www.amazon.com