Google Customer Success Technical Solutions Consultant (Edge) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Reston, VA, USA
Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Edge, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Edge's world class Customer Success team is hiring a Technical Solutions Consultant to be the primary technical point of contact with our customers on Edge implementations. As a Technical Solutions Consultant, you will guide customers through product implementation and will serve as the customer's primary source for expertise on all Edge products and implementation to achieve customer's’ project goals.
Edge Customer Success is the Professional Services arm of Edge. Our objective is customer delight. We are a worldwide team and offer unique and interesting opportunities in consulting for a wide variety of customers across multiple industries. If you like the challenge of taking on mission critical implementations, then Customer Success is the team for you!
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work closely with customers during post-sales engagements on their API programs.
- Produce required design specifications. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance and help customers go into production with quality technical solutions and implementations with on-premises, cloud- and hybrid cloud-based Edge solutions.
- Work with operations team to design, deploy and configure required infrastructure components (Network, Cassandra, Postgres, Nginx, JVMs, Drupal, etc.).
- Work with geographically distributed Edge and Customer project teams while getting your hands dirty at every level of the customer's technology stack.
- Identify technical dependencies and roadblocks for the customer proactively and work with cross-functional teams to remove them.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with cloud hosting, architectural principles in security, distributed computing, and Developer Operations experience, such as: Linux Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with or good understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, and security.
- Development experience using Google or other cloud products.
- Solid understanding of public clouds (i.e. Google Cloud Platform, AWS).
- Proven ability to facilitate development and communication of robust solutions to technical and business stakeholders with strong listening, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus, and drive technical decisions with customer stakeholders while communicating risks in a timely manner and providing mitigating solutions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.