Harvard University Data Coordinator in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 42667BR
Business Title Data Coordinator
School/Unit Harvard Graduate School of Education
Location USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function Information Technology
Time Status Full-time
Department Office of the Registrar
Salary Grade 055
Union 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, the Data Coordinator performs a wide range of administrative and technical duties to support the office and the continuing implementation and ongoing maintenance of the new Student Information System (SIS).
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creates standard and ad hoc reports based upon the ongoing needs and requirements of the office.
• Builds and maintains a library of SIS queries for the office.
• Conducts data analysis, data validation, and system testing.
• Manages the interaction of database products from different vendors, ensuring accurate data feeds between systems and resolving conflicts.
• Troubleshoots systems issues from students, faculty, and staff, and elevates complex issues to manager for resolution.
• Trains new users on enrollment systems and querying of data.
• Assesses tuition and handles all billing inquiries and issues.
• Oversees the course evaluation process, including surveying students, ensuring compliance, and distributing evaluation results.
• Manages academic and systems calendars.
• Serves as a backup for reception desk and other duties and administrative support, as needed.
Basic Qualifications Minimum of three years of experience using relational databases. Previous experience using reporting tools to create reports and queries, provide reporting and analysis, and quality control.
Any applicant wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements in either their cover letter or resume.
Applicants wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Additional Qualifications Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Experience in academic environment strongly preferred. Knowledge and previous use of student information systems desired. Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills. Accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Additional Information Please attach resume and cover letter as one document.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Pre-Employment Screening Identity
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.