Vinfen Electronic Health Record (EHR) Owner in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Vinfen is seeking an Electronic Health Record (EHR) Owner to assume ownership of an enterprise level Electronic Health Record currently in the implementation stage. The EHR Owner responsibilities will include, management of support staff, ownership of change management processes, proactive understanding of the changing regulatory and health care landscape as it applies to Vinfen, and assist EHR Committee to determine priorities for future direction of the organizational operations.
During the implementation, the EHR Owner will also act as a lead in discovery, documentation and development of the solution including oversight of specific areas of design, participation of EHR Steering Committee, and development of training materials.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Vinfen Project Sponsor (VSP) to oversee coordination with chosen EHR vendor, implementation partner and Vinfen staff to lead the development of implementation plans and strategies which include, but are not limited to, communication, training, roll-out and cut-over plans, etc.
- Assist VPs to direct and guide lead project team activities and the functional teams throughout the design, development and implementation of the EHR project.
- Assist VPs and implementation partner Project Manager (PM) to manage, track and follow-up on project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Participate in EHR Discovery and Design meetings, EHR Committee meetings, and team meetings to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Work with VPS and PM to proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and apply soft persuasion skills for them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Oversee/work with EHR Project Coordinator to provide updates to the PM and VPS on a consistent basis including unresolved issues, roadblocks affecting timelines etc.
- Work alongside PM and VPS to insure assignments are clear and understood and to track progress and convey status updates.
- Perform other duties as required.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers. My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5-8 years related experience working in large, diverse organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver, consensus builder, and results oriented with ability to take action to achieve goals
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of organization and ability to provide leadership and team management to staff
- Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving, and technical skills, ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge
All candidates for this position must be a least 21 years of age and be able to pass a CORI, reference and multi-state background check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
No license check or vehicle required
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: mid 80's-high 90's
Schedule: Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40