Northrop Grumman Experienced Program Manager - Image Metrology Group in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Experienced Program Manager - Image Metrology Group
Requisition ID: 17009559
Location(s): United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Adaptive Optics Associates, Inc., (AOA-Xinetics) a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) subsidary, is currently seeking a Program Manager in support of its Image Metrology Business Area. AOA-Xinetics Image Metrology designs, develops, and produces precision measurement products for commercial industrial customers, U.S. Government, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these products include transportation logistics, package handling, and semiconductor tools. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the program execution with regards to cost, schedule and technical issues. He / she will work with a team scientists, engineers, and technicians to continue a longstanding base of programs in our Image Metrology business area.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Image Metrology Business Area Manager. This position provides a broad, exciting leadership opportunity in a high-growth, strategically important businesses for NGAS. We are looking for a successful thought leader with exceptional people skills, one who is valued by customers and employees alike. Our ideal candidate has developed teams, can influence and motivate them to perform at higher levels, has excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. He / shemust be highly influential in conversation and have a record of collaborative approach with peers/peer organizations. Specifically, the details of the position are the following:
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs.
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Effectively communicate progress to customers, senior leadership and companywide audiences.
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
• Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Establishes and manages program risks and opportunities.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
• Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Will be required to write technical and cost proposals, estimate and track project costs, create project schedules, order and track project materials, and make presentations to customers and company management.
• Will help develop new products and work with project engineers, Purchasing, Contracts, and Cost Estimating personnel in project execution.
• Assist in developing strategic plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs, and fostering partnerships and teaming with key players to support successful proposal bids. Support Business Areas in the development of capture plans; win strategies and Price-to-Win approaches.
• Works closely with AOA Xinetics leadership and compliance functions to ensure full compliance with Division, Corporate, and Government policies.
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
• Position is located in the AOA Cambridge, MA facility
• Travel to customer facilities and offices with limited international travel
• Travel multiple times per year
• Ability to sit for extended periods of times and light physical effort required.
• An engineering or science degree in a technical field such as optics, electrical, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
• >10 years post-degree experience managing program efforts for complex hardware and software systems
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant development activities, including building internal/external teams, assessing risks and opportunities, and executing internal development programs to shape business product strategy, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
• Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
• Good working knowledge of desktop/laptop computers, MSOffice tools, MSProject
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback
* Ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the business areas
* Impeccable ethics; fosters ethical behavior at all times
• Impeccable ethics; fosters ethical behavior at all times
• Maintains a positive and professional working environment
• Able to support new business activities as required
• Advanced technical degree
• Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
• Past experience with a depot repair / field service business
*Finance / Accounting experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Experienced Program Manager - Image Metrology Group
Requisition ID: 17009559