Harvard University IT Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
42979BRAuto req ID:42979BRLocation:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:IT Deployment/Refresh ManagerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:In order to be considered for this role, candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications:
• 5+ years’ experience managing in a client centric organization including 3 years of primary responsibility for managing client relationships
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experienced managing personnel, including responsibility for performance management and career development
• Experience managing field technicians and computer refresh projects
Additional Qualifications:• Strong customer service skills with a proven track record
• Willingness to take ownership and be accountable where appropriate is essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong technical background that will allow for an understanding of our infrastructure/environment
Additional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To make it easier for students, faculty and staff to learn, research, teach, and work through the effective deployment and use of information technology.
• OpenDepartment:Support ServicesPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
HUIT is responsible for refreshing approximately 6000-7000 computers every 3 years for Central Administration and FAS. This position supports every facet of the computer refresh program from imaging, inventory management, data destruction, lease administration, testing and process documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage team of IT Deployment technicians and other personnel who will perform all aspects of the computer deployment process including but not limited to imaging, desktop migration, and legacy desktop removal.
• Ensure processes and procedures are followed by those involved in deployment activities regarding imaging, prepping, deploying, asset retrieval, data wiping, asset returns, etc.
• Participate with Deployment Coordinator in ensuring quarterly lease returns are processed and returned on time.
• Develop and maintain tech training program
• Participate in developing and maintaining deployment team Standard Operating Procedure manual.
• Coordinate desktop deployments with Deployment Program Manager and Deployment Coordinator.
• Work closely with ESM and field support to ensure that images are accurate and complete, include all required software/configured properly, and signoff from department is obtained on image.
• Ensure deployment inventory is properly tracked and documented.
• Ensure team meets agreed upon SLAs, productivity, quality, and customer service standards for deployment activities.
• Manage deployment issues to reduce impact to customers and improve successful delivery of new computer.
• Ensure customer satisfaction with deployments through follow-up and corrective action.
• Measure performance and capture lessons learned to continuously improve the deployment processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with technical and support teams to improve deployment and support.
• Ensure processes, procedures, and configurations are documented and staff are properly trained.
• Ensure deployments are compliant with timeline, security, quality, procurement, licensing and program policy requirements.
• Report to Deployment Program Manager on deployment progress.
• Participates in testing of end point software, hardware and deployment processes.
• Performs other duties related to role as requested.
• Coordinate with Deployment Program Manager to ensure project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals are documented and project is executed to a successful completion.
• Work with field support to analyze problems following rollouts and remediate as required/implement solutions to prevent future recurrence when possible.
School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.