Harvard University IT Sr Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
43414BRAuto req ID:43414BRLocation:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Senior Multimedia Producer, HBXSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:30-Jun-2018Salary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:10+ years of professional experience and demonstrated success in creating and producing documentary, corporate, broadcast and/or educational multimedia. Additional Qualifications:
• Professional experience in on-set directing, producing, camera operation, lighting and audio capture.
• Demonstrated experience interviewing senior level executives.
• Excellent project oversight, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required.
• Previous experience and demonstrated innovation in education, instructional design, or online product development.
• Proven ability to develop trusting working relationships with colleagues and business partners.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in project tracking, audience polling and departmental production process development is expected as well as expertise with applicable equipment and software.
• High level of proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and basic desktop computing skills necessary.
• Candidates should be prepared to provide a demo reel and/or writing sample from a narrative or documentary piece.
Additional expectations and competencies shared by the team:
• Extremely high quality standards
• Proven ability to work with shifting priorities and under tight deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Enjoy working both independently and as a team member
• Eager to thrive in a start-up environment where the work will change steadily
• Enjoy working as part of a lean team and pitching in to accomplish an evolving agenda
• Bring a “no job is too big or small” philosophy to work
Note: This is a term appointment through June 30, 2018, with the possibility of extension.
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:HBX is Harvard Business School’s vision of business education reimagined for the digital age. We support the HBS mission by creating online learning experiences that bring business education to life. While product development is ongoing, we have two unique initial offerings: HBX CORe, our primer on the fundamentals of business and HBX Courses, a series of programs intended to showcase faculty ideas. Products are delivered through unique platforms, including 1) our online platform that offers self-paced learning experiences grounded in interactive, real world problem solving, and 2) HBX Live, a one-of-a-kind virtual classroom that allows participants worldwide to interact in real-time with one another and a faculty member much as they would in a traditional HBS case classroom.
The HBX team, dedicated to delivering high quality business education through these innovative online concepts, is in a period of rapid growth and expansion. Benefits include being part of the HBS culture of learning and exposure to the larger University setting, while enjoying the fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Principals program is a joint partnership between Harvard's Business School (HBS) and the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) with a mission to deliver intellectual resources on leadership and management in order to address gaps in the field of K-12 education. The program consists of three online courses powered by HBX, Harvard Business School’s digital on line learning effort.
The Senior Multimedia Producer (SMP) works with the Creative Director, faculty, and staff to create broadcast-quality multimedia for the Principals program online course platform as well as assets for marketing material.
Specific to course content development, the position is responsible for story development, script writing, pre-production logistics, location production and direction, as well as post-production oversight.
The position engages in and represents faculty research as it relates to teaching and learning, working in close collaboration with the Course Development team. The SMP facilitates and helps drive decisions on what key concepts should be illustrated and how these concepts should be represented.
The SMP is responsible for all administrative aspects of project production; plans and establishes budget for project, coordinates internal and external milestone deliverables, meets defined objectives and quality standards, manages finances for case production and related travel expenses. He or she will work closely with the Course Development team and the faculty in achieving success with reaching milestones.
This position is required to make quick decisions and act independently while in the field and while dealing with unexpected situations or adverse conditions.School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.