Akamai Technologies, Inc. Program Manager - Networks in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Program Manager - Networks
Cambridge, United States
Oct 12, 2017 Post Date
010299 Requisition #
Akamai’s Network Productivity organization seeks a Program Manager to manage and coordinate cross-team productivity initiatives. You will:
• Triage proposed projects
• Manage and communicate our portfolio of services
• Manage the organization’s project roadmap
• Track and report progress on high visibility initiatives
• Drive these initiatives across multiple teams within Productivity and ensure that projects move effectively through an efficient and optimal workflow
• Develop and drive change management policies within Networks
• Provide administration and oversight of our Change Management program
• Work with leaders, skilled professionals and experts across many functional areas within the Networks organization
You must be able to lead and inspire the efforts of other program and project managers whose projects interrelate. You will be at the vanguard of initiatives to improve quality, increase efficiency, and reduce operational expenses. The projects you lead will empower teams across Networks to spend their time and effort on their best, most meaningful work.
• Be extremely well-organized, motivated, and technically-oriented.
• Have an established and demonstrated ability to prioritize, lead, and generate high quality deliverables while balancing costs and time
• Be able to facilitate communication across disparate teams, anticipate and minimize roadblocks, control scope, and accurately estimate timelines
• Able to prioritize effectively, work collaboratively, and coordinate the activities of geographically distributed technical teams in a fast-paced environment
You will be working alongside engineering leadership and must be comfortable communicating with and presenting to senior management. You must be able to advocate for change and manage the complexities of change communication across a geographically distributed, international organization.
About the Team
The Networks organization builds and maintains Akamai’s Edge Platform—one of the world’s largest distributed platforms. This platform handles a significant portion of the world’s Internet traffic. The Productivity team drives the Networks organization’s continuous productivity improvement initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, and reduce costs.
Required Education and Experience
• 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
• 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or
• Relevant experience and a PhD
At least five years of experience:
• Developing and leveraging strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Organizing information and communicating it effectively, whether written or verbal
At least three years’ experience with:
• Delivering projects on time and on budget while communicating with key leaders
• Program and project management principles and practices
• Business process, operations, and metric definition best practices
• Leading and managing change across a heterogenous organization
• Experience with the internet industry and technical software implementations
• Knowledge of Program Management tools
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with people who work in different departments
• A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Certification (PMP, etc.) in Project Management
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.