Vecna Robotic Systems Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Vecna Robotics (https://robotics. vecna. com) seeks a strong and versatile systems engineer who is driven to design, develop, and support the systems and IT components of our robotic platforms. Vecna's Robotic division is focused on industry leading robotic telepresence solutions and autonomous material handling solutions. Youll be motivated by the excitement of working on solutions that make a difference in peoples lives, that are on the cutting edge, and that are frequently highlighted on TV news and the press. An ideal candidate would be eager to solve unconventional challenges utilizing the full range of their skillset. The robotics systems engineer will develop and maintain the computing platforms and network integration solutions of our robotics platforms. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Design, develop and maintain complex computing platforms hardware, operating systems, containers, and networking.
- Develop solutions that provide enhanced integration capabilities.
- Develop robust remote support and system monitoring solutions.
- Streamline deployment process and production system upgrades.
- Work within a cross-functional project team structure where you collaborate with software engineers, hardware engineers, project managers, and quality assurance test engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (math, science, or engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Experience configuring IPv4 networks.
- Experience in python, bash, or other scripting language.
- Experience deploying and managing services with cloud computing.
- 2+ years experience working with Linux OS (CentOS and Debian preferred).
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies is preferred: Wireless networking, databases, WebRTC or NAT traversal, network service fail-over and load balancing, Linux kernel modules, udev, devicetree, Docker, SSL/TLS, nodejs, ROS (Robot Operating System), and system monitoring.
- Some weekend and after-hours work might be required.
- Some travel to client sites might be required.
- Cambridge, MA
Job ID: 256