Google Sales Engineer, Google Cloud, High Performance Computing Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
You're a Sales Engineer with excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience in cloud platform and infrastructure products, and high performance computing (HPC) in a cloud environment. You will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as a HPC subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth HPC expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel (potentially) to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with high performance computing (HPC), implementing large scale shared file systems such as Gluster, batch scheduling and workload management.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in HPC infrastructure, such as message passing interface (MPI), HPC networks (Infiniband, RDMA), container management (Docker, Kubernetes) and GPU programming.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.