Amazon.com Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS- Boston in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Systems Development Engineer/DevOps - AWS - Cambridge, MA.
Support The World's Largest Cloud Network
Build The Platform That Powers AWS Storage Gateway.
AWS Storage Gateway is a service connecting an on-premises software appliance with cloud-based storage to provide seamless and secure integration between an organization’s on-premises IT environment and AWS’s storage infrastructure. The service allows you to securely store data in the AWS cloud for scalable and cost-effective storage. The AWS Storage Gateway supports industry-standard storage protocols that work with your existing applications. It provides low-latency performance by maintaining frequently accessed data on-premises while securely storing all of your data encrypted in Amazon S3 or Amazon Glacier.
For more information on AWS Storage Gateway visit http://aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/
We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior Systems Development Engineer to be part of the AWS Storage Gateway service team.
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer on this team you will build the highly stable and scalable next-generation systems that support the world’s largest cloud network. You will be applying DevOps principles in the truest sense, tapping into your Development and Operations experience and expertise. You will design, build, and operate services and features that allow customers to create cloud storage solutions that are secure, reliable, elastic, and can grow to petabyte-scale. You will enforce operational excellence and deployment best practices across the organization, identify risks and problem areas, build new infrastructure, and optimize existing systems to make them highly available and secure. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and dive deep into code and logs. You’ll drive prioritization of operational issues and mentor Software Developers to build highly reliable, operationally excellent distributed services.
· BS Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline.
· Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
· Experience with large-scale 24/7 production environments.
· 8+ years of overall technical operations and software development experience.
· Expert-level scripting abilities in Python and Bash.
· Strong programming experience on a Unix/Linux platform.
· A high degree of organization and a detail-oriented mindset.
· Deep experience with and understanding of web services.
· Deep understanding of network internals
· Experience with secure system configuration and security principles.
· Understanding of distributed storage performance challenges and solutions.
· Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
· Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
· Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
· Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicate effectively with a wide array of individuals at Amazon, and get the right things done.
· Proven ability to understand large systems and drill down to the code level.
· Team leadership experience (mentoring, lead projects and small teams, interview, code reviews, etc.).
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our career site for consideration.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 563536
External Company URL: www.amazon.com