The WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) Software Tester in Cambridge, Massachusetts
IRBNet, a WIRB-Copernicus Group company, is the most widely-used research and compliance management solution in the industry. IRBNet currently supports over 2,500 research sites and review boards, and over 190,000 research professionals in the successful and efficient management of research compliance involving humans, animals, and recombinant DNA throughout the United States.
As a Software Tester you will develop, refine and execute our internal software testing processes and contribute to the quality of our web-based applications. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of our products and how they are used by our clients, and to apply that knowledge to the quality assurance and testing process. As a Software Tester you will: Develop, plan and implement test cases and test scripts; Develop and execute automated testing strategies; Perform functional and performance testing to establish software quality; Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues; Document and report test outcomes; Work collaboratively with programmers and others as a member of a team and across organizations to learn processes and the impact of desired changes on applications; and follow procedures applicable to regulated environments and Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations—Part 11 as they apply to computer system validation. You will also work with our client services team to set up custom data reports and dynamic web forms using our automated tools (does not require detailed programming knowledge), act as a liaison to the Support Team, provide training on system features to internal and external users, and support customer-facing activities including but not limited attending trade shows and conferences to interact with prospective and existing customers.
- Assure quality within the application by developing and implementing effective test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Develop, plan and execute test cases based on software requirements, user input and technical understanding
- Develop and execute automated testing strategies
- Perform functional, system, regression and performance tests to establish the software capability and reliability, both manually and using automated test tools
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team
- Document and report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to the development team
- Create and update defect tracking logs and work with development teams and users to ensure that all defects are resolved.
- Develop and extend the current test infrastructure to be more efficient, both in execution and reporting
- Understand organizational business processes and how proposed computer system changes will impact users and processes
- Work with our client services team to set up custom data reports and dynamic web forms using our automated tools
- Act as a liaison to the Support Team, provide training on system features to internal and external users, and support customer-facing activities including but not limited attending trade shows and conferences to interact with prospective and existing customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in either:
- Human Subjects Research / Institutional Review Boards / Research Compliance; or
- Web application software testing and validation, including writing and executing test plans and documenting results.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or SQL is preferred, but not required.
- Detailed programming experience / knowledge of programming languages is not required.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word and MS Excel, and have great attention to detail and strong writing skills.
- Must have clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
We encourage you to visit us at www.wcgclinical.com to learn more about our entire organization and WIRB-Copernicus Group’s mission of improving the quality of human health.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. *
This is a full time-exempt position