Harvard University Sys Progrmng/Analysis/Admin in Cambridge, Massachusetts
43109BRAuto req ID:43109BRLocation:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:IT Service Management SpecialistSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
• BA or BS required
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification required (Otherwise, ITIL Foundations certification required within 180 days of start date).
• Excellent verbal, and written communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop and implement effective solutions.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
• Ability to work in a self-directed and team environment.
• Availability to participate in after-hours on-call rotation if needed.
• Experience with the ServiceNow platform, including with system administration, preferred
Additional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To make it easier for students, faculty and staff to learn, research, teach, and work through the effective deployment and use of information technology.
• OpenDepartment:Strategy and Service ManagementPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
As part of a collaborative, cross-functional team, the IT service management specialist will help to define, implement, communicate, and improve service management processes based on industry best practices, such as ITIL. The position owns the Incident Management and Major Incident processes, but also participates in others (e.g., Request, Problem), in order to enhance the reliability and value of IT and other services. The specialist facilitates the continual service improvement through the promotion of best practices.
• Manage, enhance, and support Incident Management and Major Incidents processes
• Assess and implement enhancements to Incident Management; advise groups across the university on how to improve their own operations
• During business hours, act as primary ‘on-call’ for Major Incidents and lead efforts to remediate service degradation/outages, determining whether to initiate process and convening appropriate resources across HUIT as needed
• Lead team in identifying and designing more efficient and effective operational processes and workflows at scale to meet growing demand
• Provide consulting and support to groups to leverage the ServiceNow platform:
• Conduct business analysis, design, and implement new workflows and request forms
• Onboard new groups onto ServiceNow
• Review, revise/develop, and implement services and related workflows to align with business needs
• Assess and develop new ITIL process and ServiceNow training curriculum and related materials; conduct training
• Serve as queue manager for ServiceNow platform and ITIL process operations, developing model for distribution and escalation
• Document and enforce ITSM policies, processes, and procedures
• Contribute to ServiceNow configuration/development (if possible) and testing, as well as platform upgrades.
• Assume role of project manager as needed
• Other duties as needed or requiredSchool/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.