Comcast Eng 1, Network Eng (Provisioning) in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Performs logistic coordination, shipping, and tracking of IP and Transport project inventory
- Monthly audit of Chelmsford depot inventory, and annual audit for all head-end spares in cooperation with regional personnel
- Staging the equipment for larger project packages into bundles for rapid regional deployment
- Pre-staging of provided network device configurations onto network gear to expedite launches
- Acts as lead for performing and tracking RMA for all divisional and New England region RMA's, to expedite production and sparing backfill of spare network equipment
- Performing DCA for EOL network and transport equipment for division and New England regional assets
- Coordinating access and setup for new hires and contractors in the ISE engineering team
- Facilitating office support to ISE engineering leadership team
Responsible for creating Network Circuit ID's for all designated
region(s.) Utilizes applications and tools to track network inventory.
Places orders with LECs and Long Haul Carriers and tracks those orders
throughout lifecycle. Works with cross-functional groups to deliver high
quality network service. Provides project status updates. Follows
established processes and procedures.
- Works with Field Technicians in all Regions, as well as related
Engineering departments and centers, to maintain communications
regarding work orders/projects. Creates Visio drawings, opens TTS
tickets, and instructs the field to where the circuit is located.
- Coordinates efforts to resolve issues so all orders are completed in a
- Creates (with some supervision) and/or updates network circuits in the
Engineering database and updates and/or modifies circuit layout designs
with IP assignments and CLLI codes.
- Regularly updates Project Management with issues/progress status.
- Coordinates the gathering of information such as CLLI codes, IP
addresses, Visio drawings, etc.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences/Technology, Engineering
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer