Comcast Mobility/Telecommunications Analyst in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for monitoring the operation of the Company's voice, data networks, and computer data services. Provides technical expertise to ensure that voice and/or data communications and network facilities are sufficient, appropriate, and functioning. Participates in crafting solutions to highly technical complex problems and be called on to consult for other projects. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Evaluates, recommends, and installs new and upgraded voice/data networks systems.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors, has billing responsibility to users, monitors cost effectiveness, and recommends upgrading of appropriate systems.
- Monitors, logs, tracks, and resolves hardware and software deficiencies and notes weaknesses or tendencies toward failure.
- Produces gap analyses between existing solutions and best-of-breed to determine level of effort and cost-benefit to building and supporting best in class solutions.
- Develops systems requirements and installs telecommunications systems for new company facilities.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoots outages, and manages vendor(s) to ensure optimal system performance.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Strong Organization Skills
- Project Management Skills preferred
- Self Reliant / Self Starter
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Communication-Verbal and Written Skills
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer