Hire IT People, LLC Infrastructure Architect in chelsea, Massachusetts
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
4 years ago
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Provide analytical and technical solutions for
new hosting infrastructure projects, enhancements to existing hosted solutions,
data center infrastructure projects and client strategic infrastructure
- Lead or participate in infrastructure solution
designs and reviews using client design process and industry best practices.
- Collect and analyze requirements and translate
them into hardware and software capabilities.
- Detail and document the logical and physical
designs as per the IPG methodology, client standards and ETRM.
- Conduct design walk-throughs for review and sign
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors on quotes for
infrastructure hardware, software and services.
- Lead or participate in defining the client
Infrastructure Technology Roadmap.
- Lead or assist in definition and management of
standards, guidelines and processes for Data center infrastructure technology
and software development.
- Collaborate with stake-holders to conduct and
demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new products and architectures.
- Lead and / or participate in writing of RFP
(request for proposal) and SOW (statement of work) for infrastructure
- Participate and / or conduct ‘brown-bag’ sessions
to communicate architecture guidelines, standards and industry trends to fellow
- Perform capacity planning analysis, define
requirements and assist in engineering solutions in order to provide
- Stay engaged with multiple projects and provide
architectural/design oversight for application projects.
- Conduct information technology (IT) assessments
and focuses on the strategic direction to support the business vision.
- Review agency/secretariat project plans and
assessment results which will support project objectives and to make
recommendations and decisions regarding project feasibility, direction and
- Prepare and give presentations to upper
management as required on project direction and status.
- Minimum five years’ in information processing or
related responsibilities with at least two years of IT technical planning and
- Knowledge and/or certification with respect to
ITIL and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Technically competent in the information
processing area, and ability to gather and analyze data through interview,
observation, design workshops and independent research.
- Strong knowledge of computer, system and network
protocols and architectures, especially in large heterogeneous, client server
environments. Strong knowledge of and/or experience with Internet and Intranet
Web-based architecture and services.
- Demonstrated success in assessing industry trends
and vendor’s competitive offerings as part of the definition of an IT future
state and for more near-term technology assessment and selection activities.
- Current knowledge/experience with SAN/NAS/HSM
technologies, server consolidation strategies, high availability and clustering
strategies, LAN and WAN technologies, security and authentication standards and
technologies, and the infrastructure requirements and approaches for delivering
services to customers via the web.
- Knowledge of Data Center operations and
- Ability to express findings and recommendations
clearly, to differing levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with IT business practices and
ability to interface and integrate with client functional areas.
- Excellent analysis skills, planning and
organizational proficiency and good business judgment.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and
oral communication skills.