Stanley Black and Decker Carbide Prepline Operator / Vision system Operator in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
General Responsibilities: Set up and operate carbide prep (peen) line. Set-up and operate carbide vision system.
- Operation requires various adjustments to the prep line depending on size of material and adjustments to the vision system based on what product is being run. Perform first piece inspections on both pieces of equipment. Pull the correct material from inventory using the bill of material on the traveler as a guide. Run material through the vision system to identify defects and cut them out or mark them accordingly.
- Operation requires use of overhead electric hoist to load coils onto and remove coils from equipment. Use hydraulic and hand truck to move materials and products about the department.
- Monitor operation of multiple machines and assure quality of product. Make first piece and numerous ongoing inspections using optical comparator and other instruments to check profile and dimensions. Check micrometers at start of each shift and post findings.
- Keep and maintain required records, counts, information and data. Perform some routine maintenance to machine and post maintenance checks on forms provided.
- Detect and report defective and unsafe equipment and materials, as well as, unusual situations to supervisor. Observe and obey all safety rules, practices and procedures. Wear and employ all required safety equipment and devices. Clean and maintain equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
*Hours: *Tuesday through Saturday 5pm – 5am
Requisition Number: 46874BR
Title: Carbide Prepline Operator / Vision system Operator
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Massachusetts
City: East Longmeadow
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law