Bose Firmware Engineer in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Bose Talent Acquisition team is seeking a firmware engineer with 2+ years of product development experience. You will work with a local multi-disciplined team as well as partners around the world to design, code and test software for a brand new networked audio signal processing platform.
Candidates qualifications must include:
· Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
· Experience with embedded programming and real-time operating systems
· Experience with cross-compiler tool chains (e.g. GCC) and integrated development environments
· Ability to understand PCB schematics, and having general hardware knowledge to enable bringing up and debugging new PCBs
· Ability to use debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and protocol analyzers to trace problems that can be in hardware or software
· Knowledge of high level (e.g. TCP/IP, USB) and low level (e.g. serial, SPI, I2C) communications protocols
· Able to produce clear technical documentation
Strong consideration will be given for these additional qualifications:
· Experience writing programs for embedded Linux
· Experience writing and modifying device drivers and boot loaders.
· Exposure to the Agile process and best-practice methods for developing high quality software.
· Familiarity with and interest in audio applications
- Musician, professional audio or live sound experience
BSEE, BSCSE or similar degree required
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguageJRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Terms and Conditions at http://www.bose.com/content/dam/BoseDAM/Web/consumerelectronics/global/content_pages/corporate/careers/PDFs/Bose-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf
We’re a company built on disruptive innovation—having the courage to challenge the status quo, an unwavering commitment to our customers, and the fundamental belief that anything is possible. We never settle; we have a passion for discovering better ways to help people enjoy the things they love. We need people like you, people with better solutions. If you join us, you’ll find the opportunity to do your best work and the freedom to enjoy it. Here, every employee has the opportunity to build their own success and contribute to ours. It’s an atmosphere of trust, collaboration, high expectations, and great reward.