Staples Marketing Analyst- Customer Analytics eCommerce in Framingham, Massachusetts
Introduction: Looking for an exciting position in eCommerce? Then join staples.com, the #3 e-tailer in the world and one of Internet Retailer’s Hot 100 Retail Websites. There’s no stopping us now. We’re investing in our future so that we can become the leading multichannel eCommerce company – and that starts by adding talented people (like you) to our rapidly expanding team.
Position Summary: The individual we are looking for will be a business analyst and/or circulation professional that is data savvy, detail oriented, smart, a fast learner and comfortable working with large data sets. This associate will need to work well in a team environment as well as independently. This person must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining accuracy and consistency of their project deliverables.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of direct marketing, relational/database marketing programming, circulation and related techniques, strategies and tools.
• Build and execute using in-house database extraction tools (e.g. SAS-MA, Toad, SAS, MS-Access, etc.) customer/prospect circulation lists for offline, telesales and email marketing campaigns.
• Possess a solid understanding of campaign management reporting (CRM) tools and techniques.
• Work in conjunction with the Manager of Production & Operations and other Marketing Managers on circulation strategies and reporting to drive new customer acquisitions and overall customer revenue and greater share of wallet.
• Assist in the management and optimization of our external vendors. ( e.g. computer service bureaus, list brokers, analytical modeling consultancies, ESPs, printers and mail houses, etc.)
• Develop, champion and drive targeting and marketing strategies that will improve vehicle performance and customer performance metrics.
• Perform adhoc analytical reports and special projects as requested by management and the Business. • Accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner document campaign circulation strategy and business rules so that there is complete program transparency available to all relevant stakeholders • Develop and maintain reporting schedules, calendars and results histories. • Continually look for and produce efficiencies and process improvements that will support the goals of the Business.
• Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields: computer science/programming, marketing/business management, math, statistics
and/or equivalent, relevant and related work experiences
• 3 years of experience in campaign management, programming, circulation, direct marketing, analytics or database marketing related positions
• Experience with database campaign management tools like: SAS, SPSS, Unica, SAS-MA, Epiphany, Alterian
• Effective and confident communication/presentation skills, along with the ability to drive the discussion at key meetings
• Strong quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Passion for and aptitude and interest in data and relational databases
• Ability to adapt to frequently changing Business needs and directions
• Intelligence and independence to manage multiple projects with strict deliverable deadlines in a fast paced , demanding environment
• Strong Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint skills
• Strong attention to details and good documentation skills
/ Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. /
Title: Marketing Analyst- Customer Analytics eCommerce
Requisition ID: 1022173