Staples Senior Manager IT – Messaging and Collaboration in Framingham, Massachusetts
Sr Manager IT – Messaging and Collaboration
The Sr. Manager Messaging and Collaboration will be responsible for driving the operations, management, administration, maintenance and support of the Staples Messaging and collaboration environment across Staples. This role will have a heavy focus on developing and maturing the associate user experience at Staples. They will manage and lead a team of highly technical engineers delivering technologies that optimize and streamline solutions for the Staples business working to maintain a high level of availability, security, and functionality through sound administrative and governance.
_Staples Global Technology_ Staples Technology team drives our business by developing the latest technologies to connect cutting-edge online, mobile, and retail experiences, and define the next generation of Staples. Our Global Technology team strategically influences all parts of our business from Marketing and Merchandising, Retail and Online, Supply Chain and Order Management, Infrastructure, Enterprise Data Solutions, Security, Privacy, and Compliance, to Tech Portfolio and Corporate Systems.
Global Technology is at the core of our business generating nearly $10 billion in online revenue alone. This allows us to invest heavily in industry leading platforms and tools that enable our teams to be successful and drive us to new levels as an online destination. Our mission is to deliver innovative, highly differentiated, simple-to-use solutions that generate increased value for our customers and the enterprise.
A job in GT will inspire you to challenge yourself, take risks, and raise the bar on your career!
_About the Role_
- Manages the deployment, administration, communication, maintenance and support for the products and services that are part of Office 365 including Outlook, Email and Messaging and collaboration.
- Helps develop and execute plans for deploying and maturing the Office 365 products features and functions to all global end users.
- Works with management to determine pertinent service objectives for different components of the Office 365 environment.
- Works closely with the IT Security Team to ensure high levels of security for both the Office 365 and on premise environments.
- Monitors for potential performance and availability issues. Acts to resolve problems as they arise.
- Performs goal planning session with direct reports and provides constructive feedback when pertinent
- Prepares required system documentation to aid in troubleshooting, disaster recovery practices, security initiatives, and cross-training.
- Prepares required end-user documentation to support deployment and use of Office 365 products.
- Has a deep technical understanding of the Microsoft Productivity stack with experience in implementations across large distributed global enterprises.
- Manages the operations of existing on premise Exchange environments
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the business stakeholders and understands their core business processes and priorities to better deliver technical platform solutions and services.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships, negotiations on scope, effort and sizing of initiatives including but not limited to SOW, MSA, NDA’s, along with full financial tracking and definition of business benefits.
- Contributes to and reviews solution design: ensure innovation, business requirements are met, and that proposed solutions fit Staples Global landscape.
- Coordinates with other internal or supplier teams as needed (e.g. Architecture, Project Mgt and functional streams).
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other technology teams and security policy organization.
- Reports overall status to leadership, breaking down projects with benefits etc.
_About You_ Required Skills: * Bachelor’s degree * 10 years relevant IT work experience * Minimum of 8 years of experience within the Microsoft Windows/Messaging ecosystem as a manager and/or team lead within a large enterprise. * Extensive experience and familiarity with the Microsoft Office 365 online suite having managed or migrated associates and services to the cloud. * Advanced experience working with collaboration tools and services such as SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer etc. * Extensive familiarity and understanding of identity systems and solutions along with cloud application and security best practices.Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering and managing solutions and projects in a management capacity * Minimum of 6 years of experience working with Messaging and collaboration tools and services. * Minimum of 3 years of experience working with technology in an enterprise of 10,000 clients. * Strong problem solving, organization, communication and interpersonal skills. * *Preferred Skills: * Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, and implementation of Exchange and email messaging platforms * Advanced experience with Office 365 suite including but not limited to Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer etc. * Advanced experience with Active Directory and group policy. * Strong understanding of identity and SSO services * Experience managing offshore delivery partners ensuring timely /on-budget project completion * Experience project managing / integrating systems within complex landscapes including cloud architecture and delivery * Knowledge of and experience with Office 365 products and emerging features. Experience with collaboration and social community solutions * Experience in people and change management * Experience with waterfall and agile software development methodologies * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Familiarity with Help Desk ticketing systems like Service Now * MCSE SharePoint, MCSA Office 365 and MCSD Azure highly valued _About Us_ Staples, Inc. is the world’s third largest internet retailer. We are a Fortune 500 company generating more than $23 billion is sales with operations in 25 countries offering world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities.
At the very core of Staples is an entrepreneurial spirit – we live and breathe the energy of an ever-changing, positive-thinking, fast-moving company. It’s our mission to make more happen for associates, local communities and even the planet — through programs, policies and the values we live by.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Manager IT – Messaging and Collaboration
Requisition ID: 1020029