Heywood Hospital Systems Administrator, Information Services in Gardner, Massachusetts
The System Administrator is responsible for evaluating, implementing and maintaining technology solutions throughout the organization. This individual is also responsible for providing second level support to the junior members of the team including Help Desk Technicians. System Administrators must possess strong analytical skills and be highly motivated, detail oriented and able to work independently. This individual must possess a high degree of knowledge in hardware, operating systems, system and security monitoring, management and networking.
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent degree/knowledge
- Windows Server certification and/or Network (Cisco) certification preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years in Information Technology role
Required Technical Skills (must have 3 of 5):
- Intermediate level VMWare experience with version 5.5 and above
- Microsoft Servers, OS and application support for versions 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012 R2.
- Intermediate level experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- Current basic Citrix experience with XenApp, XenDesktop and Netscalers.
- Basic Cisco experience, comfort level with command line and port configuration.
- Basic Firewall experience, preferably SonicWall.
- Enterprise Backup Solution experience.
- Cable management and network closet maintenance.
- SCCM experience.Application Support.
- Documentation, preferably Confluence.
- Veeam backup for VMWare.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, self-control, customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, teamwork, analytical thinking, information seeking, cultural diversity awareness.
- Ensures that all servers, computers, and associated network equipment are operational at all times.
- Ensures continuity of computer operations by providing operating system support, hardware technical support, business software support, and data integrity to all system users.
- Tier 2 support of all client/server applications and Citrix/Terminal Services.
- Establishes and improves effective internal processes to support IS objectives.
- Ensures daily monitoring of the server environment (i.e. backups, disk structure, CPU performance, network performance, etc) for performance and security infringements using specialized utilities.
- Participates in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Acts as liaison between IS, vendors, and end users in determining and implementing IS solutions and/or problem resolution.
- Provides assistance with PC software including Microsoft Operating Systems / Office Products and other related 3rd party applications.
- Enforces stated security policies for IS supplied services i.e. network, anti-virus, Internet, and Meditech.
- Make recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
- Maintains documentation of equipment configurations and system downtimes.
- Basic Meditech knowledge to include enter/edit passwords, menus, dictionaries, and general understanding of module functionality.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. INFORM. SERV.-,6130
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 613081320105
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Systems Administrator, Information Services
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 08/08/2017