CIBER, Inc Cognos Developer in Malden, Massachusetts
Title: Cognos Developer
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Malden
Job Number: 100841
Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
Our client has several new data warehouse initiatives underway and has a need for a Senior Cognos consultant to assist in the implementations. The candidate will work with the current Cognos applications and their future extensions that enable end-users to analyze a school’s performance at multiple levels. The candidate will work with other members of the Education Data Warehouse (EDW) team to resolve technical and data issues for the district users. The individual should be analytically oriented and be able to work as part of a small team. Cognos 10 is the standard BI tool. We plan to move to Cognos 11 in the future.
- Implement Cognos reports as defined by business users,
- Deliver, maintain, and troubleshoot as well as enhance BI functionality and apply the toolset for Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse solutions
- Performance tuning of Cognos reports
- Work with technical specifications and related documentation
- Data Warehouse and SQL knowledge (3-5 years of essential experience)
- Implementation of Cognos cubes
- Collaborates with business users and works well within a large team
- Develops, supports and implements Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, and relational models as well as complex reports.
- Utilizes skills and business knowledge for the migration of applications to Dev, UAT and Production environment.
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycle
- Mentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
- Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.
- Effectively communicates with business partners, peers and management.
- Shape and enhance the Cognos technical design and development process
- 5 years’ experience with all Cognos components and 1 year as part of that with Cognos 10, including:
- Framework Manager
- Report Studio
- Strong SQL skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a team player attitude.
- Proven experience working effectively with Business and IT partners.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal.
- Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective reporting solutions.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports reporting solutions and enhancements
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls
- Strong capabilities in analyzing data
- Public Education work experience
- Understanding of education data and/or terminology
- Understanding of Kimball methodology
- Experience with Cognos 11
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.