Sallie Mae Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Newton, Massachusetts
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Req ID S01138
About Sallie Mae:
We are a consumer bank focused on creating new products and best in class experiences through technology, building on our history of helping students and their families save, plan, and pay for college. Our CEO's mantra is simple.... Best in Class. We are seeking ambitious IT professionals to help us deliver next generation products, platforms, and frameworks.
Come join us to deliver this Best in Class experience through modern technology. We are open minded, customer driven.
- You understand the importance of the customer experience
- You are a natural problem solver
- You ask why, you explore, and you thrive on challenges
- You feel empowered to make a difference
You will be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, SDET, at Sallie Mae, you will influence the technical direction of the team, working with many different technologies. If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, experienced with mobile & web technologies and passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences with top notch quality we want to talk with you.
The ideal candidate gets excited about making certain the user experience is the best possible. The strength of an engineer is the ability to create documentation, creatively improve the software development and QA process, and the finely-honed ability to break software in unexpected ways. Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible, self-directed, and understand quality assurance procedures and methodologies.
Here are the Basics:
- Develop and build automation frameworks and tests for regression test suites
- Develop and maintain tools for automation tracking and reporting
- Maintain and update automated test systems as functionality changes
- Improve the software development process
- Verify software meets the requirements
- Advocate for the customer
To foster a highly-collaborative team environment, this position will be located in Newton, MA
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development and testing
- Two or more automation frameworks - Selenium, Appium, Serenity, Robot Framework
- Two or more programming languages, including C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Scala
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- One or more unit testing frameworks NUnit, xUnit.net, PyUnit / unittest, Junit, Test::Unit., RSpec
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing test harnesses
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) or Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
Exposure/experience in property based testing#LI-SW
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newton, MA
Date Posted Jun 16, 2017