Amazon.com Sr. Software Development Engineer, Automation and Robotics Technologies in North Reading, Massachusetts
Working in ART
Amazon is at an early stage of introducing a broad set of automation and robotics technologies to optimize the fulfillment process. The ART (Automation and Robotics Technologies) team is chartered with advancing this goal by developing robotic workcells and the infrastructure necessary to operate the robots at scale. You will be working in a close-knit team of software engineers and product managers, based in Boston and collaborating with teams in Austin, Seattle and Toronto.
ART is seeking a talented and self-motivated Sr. Software Engineer to join the team building foundational technologies for increased automation in Fulfillment Centers. You will be working alongside top notch engineers building complex robotic workcells, integrated with Amazon’s massive service infrastructure. We move quickly and your work will have an immediate impact at “Amazon Scale”.
Ideal candidates will:
· Be passionate about writing reliable, efficient, and maintainable code
· Be obsessed with identifying and removing obstacles that keep developers from performing at their best
· Be independent and resourceful, delivering results with minimal direction
· Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to contribute new ideas for future development
· Have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
· Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Have the ability to mentor and develop junior team members
· 8+ years of experience in designing and building software architectures for complex systems
· Strong OO analysis and design skills - development experience in Java/C++
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BS/MS in Computer Science, Robotics or related engineering field
· Experience building software for products with a mix of hardware and software - like robotic equipment, medical devices and industrial automation.
· Experience using AWS services / large scale SOA
· Familiarity with Agile development processes
· A sense of humor and willingness to learn new things
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 558918
External Company URL: www.amazon.com