State Street Database Administrator, Assistant Vice President in Quincy, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position is for a DBA/DB Developer working in the proprietary Data warehouse (ESP) implementation team for Investment Manager Services Business Unit. The position requires background in application development, a good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular RDBMS, Data Warehousing tools, ETL Tools and Reporting Tools. The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams.
Required Skills -
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of experience in professional software development in Database Administration area
- Expert knowledge of Oracle
- Solid experience in SQL Query Performance Tuning
- Good knowledge of Oracle internals
- Good knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL tools
- Any experience with Statestreet ESP, Statestreet IRD and reporting tools like Spotfire is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive timelines
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Database Administrator, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 162272
Full/Part Time: Full FTE