State Street Operations Specialist,Assc2 in Quincy, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As an Operations Specialist, Associate 2, you will share responsibility with lead, manager and staff for resolving any issues related to processing activities and for accurate and timely processing and delivery. You will also interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support including complex accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on basic principles of process
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Build and manage the flow of information and data to ensure an accurate output with limited issues and exceptions
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Share responsibility with lead, manager and staff for resolving any issues related to processing activities and for accurate and timely processing and delivery
- Maintain specialist knowledge and skills that are essential in performing the job effectively
- Interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support including complex accounts
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Work Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 7:30PM-3:30AM (Night Shift)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven
- Proficient in MS Office
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
State Street Job ID: 164698
Location: Quincy, MA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Operations Specialist,Assc2
Job ID: 164698
Full/Part Time: Full FTE