Dell Consultant, IT Business Consulting in Southborough, Massachusetts
Consultant, IT Business Consulting
Job ID R08750
Date posted 10/09/2017
Location Southborough, Massachusetts
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
As part of our Strategically Aligned Business (SAB) IT Enablement team, the person in this role will contribute to Dell’s top-line growth and corporate strategy by working directly with Dell’s SABs, subsidiaries, and new acquisitions to enable their adoption of Dell IT services.
This position requires a broad understanding of IT services, business processes, applications and infrastructure. Strong influencing and negotiation skills are needed to identify opportunities, drive change, and build consensus that aligns to stated goals and objectives.
Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders. The IT Business Partner has a command of the cross functional business strategy and is able to consult with SAB clients to identify needs and recommend IT services to enable and influence the business’s strategic vision. This role will have responsibility for Account Management, Business Development, Demand Shaping, Project Management, Business Readiness, and Customer Care. They will also leverage their Client Experience knowledge to proactively provide input into the development of service offerings, strategies, and standards.
The selected candidate will lead the delivery of multiple projects via solid program/project management practices. As an individual contributor, the candidate must be able to collaborate across matrixed Dell IT and business functions to ensure projects are staffed appropriately and executed successfully.
• Lead the integration efforts across a broad scope of IT services, including applications, services, and infrastructure.
• Be accountable for overall project management, deliverables management, on time and on budget.
• Interfaces with Exec level business personnel (Director through CIO).
• Leverages knowledge of customer needs, roadmaps, strategy, and challenges to identify opportunities where Dell IT can provide solutions
• Understand and influence the needs of business.
• Uses best practice consulting tools and methodologies identifies critical change opportunities
• Works with clients to develop business case including high-level process analysis, identification of key gaps, approach options, and projected ROI.
• Facilitates business readiness.
• Manages escalations for both business and IT.
• Ability to determine if complex business problem is a system or functional process issue, and make impactful recommendations accordingly.
• Responsible for managing an IT budgeting, accounting and charging requirements. Has budgetary responsibilities.
• Bachelor degree in a technology-related major.
• 10+ years of IT program/project management experience.
• Consultative approach and methodology; the ability to listen, identify new opportunities and translate client requirements to IT Services.
• IT business opportunity development
• Application and/or Infrastructure implementation experience.
• Capable of succeeding in a matrix management environment.
• Ability to influence others to achieve results.
• Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
• Customer focused.
• Strategic planning abilities.
• Ability to work effectively with senior management.
• Possesses operational command of the business.
• Presentation skills.