Hire IT People, LLC Network Engineer in springfield, Massachusetts
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
4 years ago
- The SDC Infrastructure Engineer is expected to have broad expertise in Data
Center infrastructure architecture including Server Architecture, Security
Architecture, Network Architecture, Storage Architecture, and Disaster
- The SDC Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate with all IT teams, in a
remote capacity, to implement infrastructure and address issues with services
deployed at the Second Data Center located in Springfield, MA.
The SDC Infrastructure Engineer will provide support for
the following SDC areas:
WAN/LAN and VoIP network architecture and administration.
Administration of Core Telecommunications and Network protocols and equipment
such as routers, switches, PBX, QoS, etc.
Storage administration and replication technologies.
Knowledge of security concepts such as firewalls, DNS, VPN.
Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL) and Oracle RAC.
Broad background of Server Administration – Windows, Linux, Mainframe, Unix,
- Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory Expertise and administration.
- Provide on-site Tier II support for services deployed at the Second Data
Center (as needed).
- Provide on-site assistance with Disaster Recovery exercises and support in
the event of a Disaster (as needed).
Collaborate with IT resources on issue resolution in a remote capacity.
Hands-on leadership and technical acumen to resolve deployment and
configuration issues across technologies.
Provide technical expertise in accordance with Standards.
Work with vendors.
- Experience with IT service delivery procedures including infrastructure
management, capacity planning, backup & recovery, disaster recovery, and
- Coordination of IT service management processes, with preference for IT
Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Experience with an SDLC methodology.
Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with
technical resources from multiple organizations and to get the appropriate
resources working together in a timely manner.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities effectively.
Ability to identify and implement technical process improvements.
Able to understand and articulate the importance of achieving goals and meeting
Strive to develop own technical and management skills.
Work on issue update and resolution.
At least 3 years’ experience in the IT industry in positions of progressive
- At least 1 year experience in IT project implementation including development
and execution of Technical plans.
Note: May require some evenings/weekend work