MassMutual Financial Group Solutions Architect in Springfield, Massachusetts
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Ranked No. 76 in the annual FORTUNE® 500 ranking (FORTUNE® Magazine, 6/15/16), MassMutual continues its long history of financial strength. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals. We continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workplace! MassMutual is one of DiversityInc’s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame. MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the CEI Best Places to Work List (2016). In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. CRN201806
The Data Solutions Architect is responsible for the analysis and design of complex data integration processes supporting MassMutual’s Investment, Enterprise Risk, and Corporate Finance units. This role supports strategic investment initiatives within these areas and ensures recommended solutions are aligned with business and MM IT strategies while adhering to relevant technology standards.
This role leverages problem solving and analytical skills to design technical solutions related to data management and system integration challenges, and contributes to troubleshooting efforts across multiple functional areas including General Investment Accounts, Separate Investment Accounts, Securities & various technology platforms supporting Investments, Finance, and Enterprise Risk.
Reports to: Systems Data Management Director
Other Relationships: MassMutual Investment Data Optimization Team (MIDOT), MassMutual Information Technology (MMIT), Investment Transformation Office (ITO), Investment Data Optimization (IDO), Data and Solution Vendors, Trade Flow & Allocation (TFA), Securities Accounting Transformation Platform (SATP).
Basic Job Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer or business related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience with designing and implementing data transformation and data management solutions within Data Warehousing, ODS, SQL, ETL, and systems integration.
• Mastery level Application or ETL Developer with deep understanding of the SDLC, development patterns, and best practices
• Mastery level knowledge and experience with C# .NET, Entity Framework, HTML 5.0, Angular JS, Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), IIS, SQL Server T-Query, SQL Server XQuery
• Knowledge and experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, and secure file transfer (MFT), XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), DB2/SQL/Oracle query and query writing practices preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with data governance and data management technologies and methodologies.
• Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
• Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Advanced degree in computer or business related field preferred
• Knowledge of investment security master data and/or financial data preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated experience in solution design related to enterprise critical data (e.g. customer, financial, or policy related data).
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third party contractors.
• Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members.
• Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices.
Focus on the Customer : Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
Act with Integrity : Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
Value People : Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
Achieve Results : Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.