National Grid Analyst - TPAM in Waltham, Massachusetts
As a member of the Transmission Planning and Asset Management department, the Analyst will update and analyze data to facilitate decision-making and fulfill sponsorship obligations of the department to ensure robust capital budgets for the New England transmission companies. Additionally, the role will support adherence to and maintenance of company policies designed to ensure that National Grid remains compliant with regional and national standards.
· Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
· Monitor PS&I accounting charges and recommend/communicate actions necessary to ensure adherence to company accounting policies.
· Maintain Step 0 milestones for transmission projects by acting as an interface between Planning engineers and Program Managers to ensure that project sponsorship activities are accurately reflected in P6.
· Support project teams in creating and monitoring funding project number, work orders, Major Location Reference Table and other financial activities.
· Screen and redact all departmental documents that are submitted externally for various regulatory filings and ISO submittals for Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII.) Coordinate company activities related to CEII such as development of training, providing to organization on CEII and representing company on external committees to ensure company stays within FERC guidance on this matter.
· Maintain and provide information and data in order to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid policies, processes and programs.
· Monitor and update Regional System Plan Project List and Local System Plan Project List for submission to ISO New England on regular update cycles.
· Develop and maintain analytical systems, models, and procedures in order to ensure timeliness, consistency, safety, efficiency and operability.
· Build upon technical/professional skills within area of responsibility and beyond in order to continually increase contribution to the business.
· Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a business, finance or engineering related area.
· Proficient in relevant software: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Good communication, organizational and teamwork skills to develop and maintain a stakeholder network and work across departments to achieve common goals.
· Strong self-motivator, ability to make sense of complex and/or new tasks and translate into a clear plan of action.
· Knowledge of National Grid’s business operations, company policies and practices.
· Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
· Understanding of project management techniques and methods.
· Desire to improve existing processes and systems to realize quality and efficiency gains and respond to changing internal and external landscapes.
Job: Asset Management
Primary Location: MA-Waltham
*Schedule: *Full Time
Band: D/E/F commensurate with work experience
Job: *Network Strategy
Title: Analyst - TPAM
Requisition ID: 20171970